We are striving to be the best possible source of information for our readers. This is why we take so seriously the selection of the articles you submit.
The Busy Lifestyle Magazine publishes articles that are not only relevant, informative, though-provoking, and engaging, but also well written and easy to read. We pay attention not only to the idea behind the article, but also to how the idea is presented.
Here are the most important aspects to consider when you submit an article:
- The topic should be one of the topics listed on the Approved Topics List.
- The article has between 300 and 500 words.
- Spelling and grammar checked and corrected before uploading the article
- The text is well organized and easy to read.
- A cover image (stock photo or you own the rights) has been provided.
- Free articles have no in-article image. If you need an image inside the article to enhance its content, please refer to Formatting and In-article Image Design.
- Only 2 reviews are allowed per article. Make sure you submit a high quality copy. (Our publishing team can help with proofreading and content editing.)
- Please keep the reader in mind when you write the article. The readers of The Busy Lifestyle Magazine are business executives and entrepreneurs who want to learn and improve.
- Shorter and to the point sentences and paragraphs provide a better reading experience than longer more complex ones (remember than more than 40% of our readers view the magazine on a mobile device).
The list goes from broader topics such as:
- Personal development
to narrower and more technical ones:
- digital marketing
- brand building
- team management
- change management
- digital transformation
- big data
- new technologies
- business models
- and whatever other topic that might be of interest for business executives and entrepreneurs worldwide
To be considered for review, your article should comply with the following list of requirements:
- your article has between 300 and 500 words
- the topic of the article is one of the topics listed in the approved topics list
- the article is successfully uploaded as pdf
- the pdf contains, in addition to the article body, the following information:
- short description of the content of the article,
- author name,
- author website,
- url for a public domain photo to be used as cover image for the article (or an image for which you own the rights)
- Use the following naming convention when uploading the pdf file: <Your Name>-<Article Title>.pdf (e.g. The Busy Lifestyle-Standard Publishing Requirements.pdf)
The file containing your article should be in pdf format.
To be approved for publishing, the pdf should include an url to a high definition public domain image that we can use as image cover (or an image for which you own the rights). Or, you can let us take care of the Cover Image Design.
The topics are in the approved topics list. Pick a topic and be creative.
Organize your article like it was an interview: 3-4 questions and answers to give us more detail about a topic. When you choose the questions, think about what someone curious to learn more about the topic might ask.
Or make a list of the top 10 things to do to …
Or list the top 5 tools you use for …
We love to hate this kind of top X lists, but we keep reading them.
We’re sure the subject of your expertise is interesting and you master it well, now you have to get our attention.
Once your article is published, start sharing it with the world.
If you don’t already have a Publications section on your website, it’s time to make one. That’s a nice place to “brag” about your articles published elsewhere than on your own website. Add the title of the article, the cover image, and the link to your article on The Busy Lifestyle Magazine.
Once that’s done, it’s time for social media. Because of their nature, the article published on The Busy Lifestyle Magazine are better shared on LinkedIn and Twitter. Based on your audience on Facebook, you can consider sharing it there also.
As someone said, messages are better when repeated. So, don’t stop after you shared your article once. Keep sharing it at regular intervals.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. In short, all the activities website owners need to do to make their website reach and stay on the first page of search engines (such as Google, Bing, etc.).
There are a lot of recommendations, ranging from very simple to very complex, but to help you get started, here are a few of the basic (and most impactful) ones:
- make sure you put the keywords you want to rank for in the title of your article
- put the keywords you want to rank for in the short description of your article
- put keywords in the ALT text of the images inside your article
- make sure your article is longer than 300 words
- use your keywords in the first paragraph of your article
- use your keywords in the last paragraph of your article
- make sure to use the keywords in the headings of your article
- link your article to other external articles (to show that the content of your article is well researched)
- link your article to other pages inside your own website